Educational Consultants of India Limited
Educational Consultants India Limited (Ed.CIL) was conceived and incorporated as a Public Sector enterprise by the Government of India in 1981, under the Ministry of Education and Culture (reconstituted as the Ministry of Human Resource Development in 1985). Recently the company has adopted new logo and is known as Ed.CIL (India) Limited with effect from 30-01-2009, offers consultancy and technical services in different areas of Education and Human Resource Development not only within the country but also on a global basis.
Ed.CIL's performance has been rated as excellent by the Department of Public Enterprises for 4 years during the last one decade. Ed.CIL has also been awarded the Prime Minister's Award of Excellence for the year 1998-99 and is categorised as a 'Mini Ratna Organisation' by the Government of India.
The Government of India has designated Education Consultants of India (External website that opens in a new window) (Ed.CIL) as the Single Window agency to facilitate the admission of children of Indian Diaspora and foreign students. Ed. CIL provides foreign students a comprehensive package of services that include:
- Providing required information to the students about Indian education
- Identifying appropriate courses/institutions which meet the student's needs
- Forwarding the application to a choice of institutes and following it till the receipt of provisional admission letters
- Obtaining necessary statutory approvals from concerned ministries
- Sending the provisional admission letters to the students
- Facilitating pre-departure and visa formalities
- Receiving the students in groups of 5 or more, on arrival in India
- Arranging for preparatory courses if required
- Disbursing institutional/student cost
- Acting as a local guardian
Source: National Portal Content Management Team, Reviewed on:06-08-2012