Author: Publications Division

Subject: New Arrivals

Language: English

Hardbound: Rs.600.00

Dr. Kalam, one of the most distinguished scientists of India and a recipient of Bharat Ratna (1997), the highest civilian award of the country became the 11th President of India on 25th July 2002. The present volume is a compilation of Dr. Kalam's speeches from July 2002 up to February 2004 in which his focus is on transforming India into a developed nation by 2020. His speeches reflect how he wants to transform India into a knowledge power for which he thinks building a knowledge powered rural India is essential. Dr. Kalam also has a vision for children who he thinks have to be educated and motivated so that they become a driving force for a knowledge society.

Dr. Kalam's vision for the society, in general, can be summed up in this beautiful poetry penned by him.

"I climbed and climbed Where is the peak, my Lord? I ploughed and ploughed, Where is the knowledge treasure, my Lord? I sailed and sailed, Where is the island of peace, my Lord? Almighty, bless my nation With vision and sweat resulting into happiness."

Previous | Index | Next

Source: Publications Division (External Website that opens in a new window), Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India